Shades for your Jacksonville home – Great Window Shades Inc.
There are difference between shades and blinds. Both window treatments are great as there are lots of advantages to each, but one is flat and the other has slats. Contact Great Window Shades Inc. for superior window treatment services.
We do the measuring and installations so that you don’t have to. Professional installations can make your windows look less naked. Windows that are not covered tend to be vulnerable to harsh weather conditions.
How weather affects your windows
Although your windows separate the coziness of the indoors to the harsh realities outside, they need to be efficient or else you’ll find hat that harsh weather seeping in. Warm air that comes through will make you uncomfortable in the summer.
You can run your AC all you want, but unless you have something insulating the windows it’s not going to help. The same goes with winter. You can crank the furnace all you want but unless you have Jacksonville window protection, it’s going to cause your energy bills to get out of control.
Types of window treatments
- Cellular – These will add an extra layer of insulation for your windows. The honeycomb style is one of the more popular types.
- Roman – Come in a relaxed or flat style. Filters light effectively and are very affordable. You can create a smooth, even fold along your windows using the Roman version.
- Balloon – If you like that “balloon” look, these will make a great addition in your home. The coverings pouf out along the bottom where they are raised.
- Blackout – Great for bedrooms, the blackout version will get you a good night’s sleep. There’ll be no sun peeking through these treatments.
- Mechanized – Convenient window treatment technology, the mechanized version is controlled by a remote. Great for larger windows where a wand is an obstruction.
One of the newer types of treatments is the solar version. They are great for cutting down on energy usage. Reducing energy costs will put more money back into your lockets as you’ll spend less on your utility bills.
Types of solar coverings
- Basic – With this version, you’ll be able to protect your home from the sun’s harmful UV rays. You’ll still have a view as you can choose from four different levels of transparency.
- Designer – Cover your windows in style using the designer treatments. These have over 25 beautiful looks for the home that span in seven collections.
- Chilewich – This exclusive collection of 21 wonderful weaves adds a sophisticated touch to your interior.
When you need shades, come to Great Window Shades Inc.. We can outfit your home with plenty of styles. Your new window treatments are only a phone call away.
- Cleaning Your Polycore Shutters at Home in Jacksonville
So you’ve had your Polycore Shutters for a while now and they are finally getting dirty. This is from the years of not cleaning has done to them. Never fear, you can clean them in your own home. Cleaning them on your own will save you money. If you’re on a shoestring budget, like hundreds...Read More
- 3 Excellent Shutter Types To Consider For Your Jacksonville Home
If you are one of the many homeowners out there that has decided shutters are the window treatment option best suited to your particular tastes and needs, the only real decision you have left to make is which type of shutters you are going to have installed in your home. Despite what many people believe,...Read More