Shutters for your Jacksonville Home
The fastest growing segment of the window treatment industry is plantation shutters. Often we get asked – “why is that?” This question can be answered in several ways:
- Shutters are absolutely gorgeous. When hand crafted as a piece of fine furniture, they are breathtaking. They create a “wow” effect when employed properly in a home. We encourage the use of shutters in areas that “call out for” shutters, creating the wow effect.
- Plantation Shutters are terrific insulators. We use ONLY basswood in our wood shutters (it is generally understood that basswood is the MATERIAL OF CHOICE for indoor plantation shutters because it is a dense, furniture grade wood – yet lightweight. What you absolutely don’t want on your windows is something heavy!). Plantation Shutters are both practical and beautiful – a wonderful and somewhat rare combination!
- In the South, many window openings are not wood cased. Instead, they are openings (referred to as drywall openings) in the wall. With our Z Trim Frames we can literally transform “unfinished” drywall openings into beautifully trimmed out windows. This can be easily demonstrated in your own home!
- The 3 ½” louvers allow for the distinctive “plantation shutter” look and provide exceptional view when opened, due to the distance between the opened louvers (2 ½” louvers (sometimes referred to as “California shutters”) are also available for windows that warrant a less bold and distinctive look). Available louver sizes are 1 7/8″, 2 ½”, 3 ½” and 4 ½”.
- One of the distinguishing characteristics of Great Windows® Plantation Shutters is 2 Mouse Holes. With 2 Mouse Holes, you can fully close the louvers in either the up or down position. Don’t just take our word for it, check out our resident expert mouse hole explorer!
- The ROI on shutters is typically much more than the actual dollar value of the original investment. Real estate continues to survive as one of the best investments that one can make. Plantation shutters serve to enhance the value of your home and to make it more attractive to potential purchasers.
In short, Great Windows® plantation shutters are a smart and beautiful investment. No other window treatment will increase the enjoyment and value of your home like 100% basswood shutters from Great Windows®!